Aiding with FDA Compliance
The FDA has been actively making updates over the years to help U.S. consumers understand calories, ingredients and other nutrition facts labeled on food. These guidelines for labeling, menus, and information continue to be updated to help educate consumers and help them make informed choices that support a healthy diet.
5 Key Things we can Help With:
- Any size / shape label or signage
- Update label formats that reflect the New Nutrition Facts & / or Calories / Serving Badges
- Create or update signage formats to print calories / serving badgers
- The Merchandiser® can import data from various types of files including ADC, Droste, CBORD, ChefTec / CorTec, Genesis ESHA, FoodPro, Mettler Toledo, Digi, Plum / E-Plum, LOC / SMS, Retalix, Sweetware Nutracoster, Excel Spreadsheets, Tab Diliminated Files
- The Merchandiser® Amin Module allows users to manually add data (including: Ingredients, Allergens, Nurtition values) to the database
Expanding Food Availability
As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, restaurants and food manufactures may have unlabeled raw ingredients that they wish to sell at retail. For example, restaurants may have purchased raw ingredients that they can no longer use to prepare restaurant food and instead wish to sell to their customers. To facilitate the distribution of food during the COVID-19 pandemic, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration released a guidance document for the industry.
This temporary policy went into effect in March 2020 and gives restaurants and food manufacturers flexibility regarding nutrition labeling of certain packaged food. Learn more here.